Wordzee celebrates one year since global launch
MAG releases new interview with the game team about the development of Wordzee.
Stockholm, Sweden - November 30, 2020 - Today, MAG Interactive honors Wordzee, the innovative word game which turns one year old since its global launch. The company celebrates this feat by releasing an interview with the game team about the game and its development process.
Developed by MAG's studio in Brighton, Wordzee is one of the company's strongest growth products. The game has reached three million downloads and has the highest average revenue per daily active user, ARPDAU, of all games in the portfolio.
“Wordzee has made an exciting journey in 2020, both in terms of the product and the game team. In line with the game’s success, the team's size and capacity have increased, and we are now releasing new, significant updates at a steady pace. Wordzee monetizes better than any other game in the portfolio and has a high daily player engagement. We are very proud of the team's efforts during the year and believe that Wordzee will be one of the major engines for MAG's growth in 2021”, says Daniel Hasselberg, CEO of MAG Interactive.
- Wordzee is MAG's innovative word game, whose game mechanics combine luck and skill inspired by the classic dice game Yatzy. Players challenge each other by competing head-to-head using letter tiles to form high scoring words on a special board. The player who fills the entire board earns "Wordzee" and extra bonus points.
- 5.2 billion letter tiles have been placed in Wordzee, a distance estimated to 100km.
- The word "Wordzee!" has been exclaimed 47 million times in the game.
- Wordzee has placed top ten in the word game category in 140 countries on Apple’s App Store.
- A total of 82 billion points have been scored.
- "Jacuzzi" is the highest scoring word of all time across all languages, a total of 870 points.
- Since the new chat function was launched in the spring of 2020, over 300,000 players have made connections via chat.
Watch the whole interview with the Wordzee team here: https://vimeo.com/484376021